Saturday, June 04, 2005

The internets live!

I have not in fact fallen off the face of the earth. My internet has been down for almost exactly one week. I had a fun time trying to get them to fix it. I called the company twice, with no results. So I figured that by the third call, I was fully authorized to throw an official shit-fit. Which I did. I called, and they put me on hold for ten minutes. Nononono. So I called back and said (with a snide and sarcastically cheerful tone to my voice), "Hi, I just called and was put on hold for ten minutes, and I'm approaching furious, so you need to find me someone to talk to." The woman was slightly freaked out, replied, "Yes ma'am", and then I spoke to a lovely technician named Josh who helped me try to figure out the issue. Good old Josh, he probably lives in his parents' basement, but he was a swell guy, who, even though he didn't get the problem fixed right then, was very cordial and promised to see what he could do. Less than 24 hours later, my internet lives, and life is good once again.

In any case, my 21st birthday was a good time. I only had three drinks, but they were quite good. It was unfortunate that the band at 15th North sucked that night, but it was quite entertaining that my older brother (who I haven't seen in ages!) bought me an apple martini, which may or may not be my new favorite drink. All around, it was good times.

Since then, I've been sick, busy, sick, busy, sick, and then busy again. Not much of a life, to be sure. However, I have worked in time for painting and occasional napping, so it can't be all that bad, right?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! just cuz you're a computer geek does not mean that you live in you parents basement!! I happen to live upstairs!!!