Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On the Next Episode of "Will it Knit?"

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for "Will It Knit???" First up, we have...



100% Peruvian wool. Of course it knits! This is a scarf I'm making for my brother. It's almost 5' long at the moment. Still some more work to do on it, but it's almost done.

And next we have...
.

Plastic bags??? Yup. I'm making a mat out of plastic grocery bags. On size 35 needles, whee! It's fun. It's an adventure. It's a good way to recycle plastic bags. And it's just plain goofy.

I'm trying to stick to one project at a time, but of course that's simply not possible for me!

4 comments:

Katie Naab said...

I love your creations!!! That is so much fun!

Sara said...

What a great idea! Genius! Did you come up with it yourself? Kudos to Lisa!

Lisa said...

Alas, I cannot take full credit for the joy that is plastic bag knitting, because I read in a book that you can knit almost anything cylindrical if you cut it up into smaller strips and make the loops into a chain...

But I feel like a genius, so that's fun. Haha!

Unknown said...

i always knew your smarts would take you places--- saving the world by recylcing one plastic bag at a time, and it's creative:0)