Friday, November 10, 2006

Hello, kitty.

I know, I know, I know. Two months is way too long to go without an update. I doubt anyone is still reading, but here goes nothing.

Grad school keeps me quite busy. This school is unlike any other I've ever attended. It's very Jungian in orientation, which keeps things interesting for this East-coast, cognitive-behavioral kind of girl. They make us work on a lot of our own issues, which is probably good, but it also leads to people being very emotional in class, which is something that just doesn't really happen that often in chemistry classes.

Life in Santa Fe is amazing. It's sunny every day, and at night the sky is so clear that all the stars can be seen. I go hiking at least once a week, usually in the National Forest. It's strange to be so far from the ocean, but the mountains are so beautiful that it almost makes up for it.

Other than that...I'm working full time (sole searching at Payless), I have five papers to write, I never have enough money, I'm going to get a certificate in somatic therapy, and I'm knitting and afghan.


Oh, and I got a kitten.

3 comments:

Sara said...

LISA!!! You finally wrote! I read whenever their is new postings! I've been having trouble leaving "enlightened thoughts". . . not cause I don't have any but because it sometimes doesn't let me! So anyway, adorable kitten, name? Soul searching at payless . . . love it!

Unknown said...

for the record- i am still reading... i love checking in on you. and i agree, emotional meltdowns in chem unlikely- the half brain duo- that is what you are truely missing in santa fe!!

k.d. said...

I still read!

i'd update, but i'm having technical diffculties doing so that i don't have time to fuss with.