Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Living Conditions

I don't want this to become one of those blogs that is strictly about politcial ranting. So instead, I'm going to write today about things affecting my life. Such as my apartment.

My apartment is a sad little hole in the wall, occupied by myself, my guinea pig
, and occasionally a herd of fruit flies. Generally, it's not a terrible place to live. It is overpriced, but being right across the street from campus comes at a premium, I suppose.

The thing that annoys me most about my apartment is that the new management has decided to make all sorts of improvements to it. Now, you'd think this would be a good thing, and I guess it will be in the long run, but in the meantime, there are all these people buzzing around. And they're more annoying than the fruit flies. There are maintenance people spackling in the hallway, a bunch of Mexicans doing the landscaping, and the pointy-haired boss is often walking around. All of this makes for a rather annoying racket, especially when this flurry of activity begins at about 8am.

Nevertheless, it's nice not have a roommate. I can decorate the way I like, go to bed and wake up when I want, and not have to be nice to anyone twenty-four hours a day. I mean, not that I'm not always nice and whatnot...but you know. I hate having to be nice when secretly I'm thinking of stabbing someone. Not that I would. But you know.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you sould set the attack guinea pig on the fruit flies... maybe it would give him a purpose in life, not that eating hay and running in circles isn't great!