Thursday, March 24, 2005

Pissed off rant, number one

So one of the things that pisses me off most about the good old internets is sites that encourage eating disorders. This riles me up almost more than anything else. I just can't believe people (young girls, older women, men) would want to have an eating disorder! The thing is, I really know what it's like to have one. I know what it's like to spend months in a hospital. I just don't understand why on earth anyone would want to put herself through that hell. It's not worth it. I look at all the people that I hurt, including myself, and I just don't understand why anyone would want to inflict that kind of suffering on someone else.

Eating disorders aren't cool, friends. They're painful, stupid, and deadly.

I am sitting here, at my highest weight ever, eating my Kix with rice milk, and thinking, it's awfully good to be alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewww... rice milk is evil... (i mean what?)