Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Pez. That is all.

Tonight at dinner, we somehow got onto the topic of Pez. I'm not entirely sure how this came about, but we started to compare how we ate Pez (Katie and I: all in one shot, Andrea: more slowly and deliberately). And which Pez flavor was the best. (The sour ones? No, it's like your candy's gone bad!)

Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Pez when I was a kid. But it seems that for some people, collecting Pez dispensers is an obsession. Frankly, this kinda creeps me out. I mean, why are full grown people spending time and effort on collecting some random, mass produced chunks of plastic? Are you aware that there is a Pez convention? Surely there are better things one could do with one's time and money.

There are all kinds of different Pez dispensers, too. With all those weird disembodied heads. I always felt a little bit like I was breaking their necks in some horrible way when I was a kid. Exposing their trachea or something. Maybe that's why I'd just down the candy without actually putting it into the dispenser. I think Pez wins the award for the creepiest candy. If I find a worse one, I'll be sure to provide an update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pez is cool... the end

Andrea said...

i have a bunny pez dispenser on my desk at school...i just put the sour watermelon in this afternoon...it isn't really that sour