Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How to kill time.

Is it a sign of an obsession that I've only begun knitting about a month ago and I've already made two scarves, a hat, a belt, three dishclothes, and a few random practice swatches? Obsession, or perhaps just a sign of how anxious I've been. Knitting is calming, and I need to be calmed like whoa jeez now.

So here are a few pictures of the latest:


These dishcloths are easy to make (and so functional!), so if anyone wants one (or a bunch), let me know. I've got lots of colors of this yarn, so the color possibilities are practically endless.

Today, I did a logcabin pattern. I eventually hope to make a full-size blanket in this type of pattern, but with less hideous colors of course. And nicer yarn. This square was made from random leftover cotton yarn, but I think it's sort of interesting and might make a nice blanket.



Only a few more days til I move. Five to be exact. Scary! Other than running random errands, knitting, drinking tea, and baking, I haven't been doing much. I'm trying not to fret too much. The good news is that little Lisa has a big girl job interview next Tuesday. That's pretty exciting. I hope I get this job. Or any job. But this one would be good.

It's still raining. Sigh.

1 comment:

k.d. said...

i want the pattern to the first dishclothes! snazzy!