Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hey! Gimme my hour back.

I'm not really sure what's up with this whole daylight savings time deal, but I was a much bigger fan of Eastern Standard Time. I was sleeping peacefully last night, when all of a sudden the time gnomes came and stole one of my hours.

This ruins so much for me. For example, tomorrow I have to wake up for my 8am class. This is quite a horrible ordeal to begin with, and now I have to be there at what feels even earlier! This cannot be good for one's health. In fact, it's not. People have done studies. There is nothing good about this whatsoever.

According to John J. Miller of the National Review,
"The reason we have Daylight Saving Time (DST), of course, is because the politicians have mandated it. Washington is much better at wasting things than saving them, but federal lawmakers nevertheless spent much of the 20th century insisting, with typical modesty, that they could "save daylight." (Why couldn't they instead have tried to save Social Security?)" Good point.

So daylight savings time sucks. But at the very least, I can consider it a harbinger of summer, the end of the semester, and maybe, just maybe a chance to relax and catch up on some sleep.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

8 o'clock class...man i'd kill for that again....i'll be up at 5:45...or, uh...4:45....bleh...

Anonymous said...

the goverment is evil... and so are the time gnomes. I miss social security already!