Tuesday, April 26, 2005

This was not unexpected.

So it's the last week of classes, which means, of course, that I'm a bit stressed out. Stressed out as in: I've been subsisting almost entirely on toast. As in: I wish I hadn't put off doing my physiology lab notebook til three days before it was due. As in: It has been taking me forever to fall asleep and when I finally do, it's not very restful anyway.

It's not all terrible though. I started going to yoga last Thursday, and it's my new favorite pastime. Other newish obsessions include: Gregorian chant, Lipton Cold-Brew Iced Tea, Firefox extensions, and my new chem shirt that says "We (Heart) Chemistry" on the front and "Please don't beat me up" on the back, and also features Dr. Starn's drawing of n-propyl-people-ether. I like all the neat doodads that can be added to Firefox. I've got one that tells me the weather. By the way, Firefox is quite possibly the best browser ever, so if you're still using that IE crap-for-crap, I suggest you check it out. The Lipton tea thing mostly has come about because I'm too lazy to make a full pitcher of real tea and put it in the fridge, although admittedly the cold-brew teabags are significantly less efficient than the usual stuff.

I am going to see Ani Difranco tonight. I am very much looking forward to going but that still doesn't solve the problem of my lab notebook. Sigh.

8 comments:

k.d. said...

I WANT A CHEM SHIRT!

so jealous.

Lisa said...

i'll get you a chem shirt if you want...they're not WCU specific

k.d. said...

that would be awesome! go for it. i'll get you the dinero the next time i see you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, wherever do you get a wonderful chem shirt like that? ~ritamarie, old fellow chemistry friend~

Lisa said...

Dr. Starn is selling them. 10 bucks. :)

Anonymous said...

ah, how was the show? i was considering going, but life's been too hectic and blah blah blah. however, the place where the show was is literally a five minute drive from my school.

Lisa said...

It was awesome; we had really good seats. We are going again in July in Wilmington, let me know if you want to go :)

Anonymous said...

we came up with shirts here at Kings but, they would not lets us sell them I dont know why:

On the back there would be a giant egg and sperm swimming all around with the slogan across the bottom:

"Many try but, few suceed."