Friday, April 22, 2005

Sticking it to the Man yet again.

Per Rachel's suggestion, I went to this page, which provides tests you can take to disover your own hidden biases toward various populations. I found the entire thing to be fairly eye-opening, as well as really interesting from a psychological-testing point of view (I know, I'm a nerd).

Tolerance.org is also an extremely cool website. The information on their is useful and intriguing. For example, you can check out the local hate groups. Scary, no? And for us college types, they have ways to fight hate on campus.

Stick it to the Man, friends. Keep working on promoting peace in the world.

PS- How can I neglect to mention what today is??? It's Earth Day, suckas (in the words of Kira). Not only that, but it's the 35th anniversary of Earth Day. So why are you still here, reading this, wasting electrons? Go plant a tree or something!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too found Tolerance.org to be quite inriguing however the "hidden biases" did not exactly work for me. You see I'm dislexic (probably spelled wrong) I could not keep things straight. So I got many red x's as a went alone simply because I could not remember which side was which. . . it kept telling me I have little to no prefrence. But over all I agree it is a GREAT site!

Anonymous said...

yo... guess what...

homophibia, racism, sexism, ect. all make baby jesus cry.

that is all.

Lisa said...

So true, Kate. Very profound.