Saturday, April 09, 2005

Stick it to the Man: Ride a bike

I'm sticking it to the Man, friends. I'm tired of gas prices lately. I'm tired of never being able to find a parking spot in West Chester. So when I was home yesterday, I got my good old bike and brought it back to my humble apartment in the Dub-C.

My bike is a Trek 4500. It's black, silver, and yellow. And it's just super. Today, when I went into town, my first stop was America's Cup, which is a coffee shop in the basement of a building on Market Street. I had a cup of hazelnut coffee and a muffin, and it was the best breakfast ever! The woman working there was very friendly, and the coffee was the best I've had in a long time (yes, even better than Starbucks). I then went to the Eckerd to fill a prescription (evidently I've got eczema?) I also had to buy nail polish; it's a compulsion.

So anyway. Get yourself a bike. Ride it around town. Stick it to the Man.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

i like my bike too...cept i dont have a place to put it at school...i'll ride when i get home though....happy biking

Anonymous said...

America's cup is my new favorate coffee place!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, bike riding! i'm totally a smug motha-effa when i ride in philly. smirking as i pass the suckers stuck in traffic. locking it up five feet from the door i'm about to walk into and not paying to park a mile away. oh yes. our bikes should have a playdate.